It's Friday and I am so stinking excited, even though this is technically my last Friday of summer break (so sad). Surprisingly, I am really excited to get back to work and to start the school year off as a 6th grade Middle School Teacher. Anyhow let's get started with my favorite five.
This summer has been so hot and when it comes to desserts all I can think of is something cold, sweet, and delicious. This ice cream cake is all of those things and more. It's super easy to throw together with zero baking required AND you can easily make it your own by using your favorite ice cream.
So I am currently posting this as Ava is 11 months old. Oops! At 10 months old she started crawling and became mobile. Once that started happening it became a whole new ball game. We had to start closing doors to rooms, put safety locks on the cabinets, add covers on the electrical outlets, and the list goes on. Needless to say Ava is now 11 months old and soon to be one so I thought I better post her 10 month highlights before she turns one..haha!
Ok, so I have to make this quick because I am in the middle of packing for our road trip to Bainbridge Georgia for my husband's family reunion.
The weekend before last some of our close friends helped me throw Joey a surprise party to celebrate his success of becoming a lineman. Everything worked out so well. Joey went to go play disc golf with some of his friends in the morning and when he returned...SURPRISE! He had no clue!
This week is jammed back so let's get right down to it.
1. SURPRISE! Last weekend with the help of some wonderful friends, I threw Joey a surprise party to celebrate his success of becoming a lineman. He was super surprised and had no idea! Our dear friends let me use their house and gorgeous pool for the party. It was wonderful spending the day celebrating Joey with friends that we consider family.
2. Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner: I am a sampler addict. Joey makes fun of me because anywhere we go that's giving away samples I always have to go get a sample. Even if I just got done eating a big meal I still go get my sample. Well, long story short I grabbed my sample at the Publix Aprons station the other day and ended up winning a gift certificate for two FREE admissions to their Publix Aprons Cooking School! I didn't even know this existed. You can pick between a hands on class or a class where you walk in, sit down, they pour you a glass of wine, cook for you and teach you how to do it yourself, serve you a four course meal, and then you leave with all the recipes. Ummm...YES! I believe we will be choosing the second option! This sounds like such a great date night. One that is very much needed and it's FREE! Has anyone been before?
3. Oh Snap! This week I had to work a few days and a good friend of mine offered to babysit Ava while I was at work. Ava had so much fun and something tells me they did too! I received these while I was at work. Hahaha!
4. Ipsy: My sister bought me a subscription to Ipsy for Mother's Day. I LOVE Ipsy!!! Every month I get a package with 5 beauty items that are unique to me and my preferences and beauty profile. I have loved everything in every glam bag and use the products all the time. It's so cool because it seems like every month I get something that I ran out of and actually need. For example, this month I ran out of mascara and sure enough I received mascara in my Ipsy glam bag! You get to set up a profile where they ask you some questions to figure out your style of beauty products and what products your prefer to receive in your bag. You can also change your profile at anytime. If you are looking for a fun monthly subscription this is the one for you. It's only $10 a month and it is worth every penny!
Have you tried Ipsy? Do you love it?
5. Cook Smarts: A friend of mine showed me this really awesome website. If you struggle with meal planning or don't have hours to search on Pinterest and create a grocery list then this tool is perfect for you! On Cook Smarts you can pick your preference of what type of menu you want, whether it be original, gluten free, paleo or vegetarian and you can customize your meal plan based on dietary needs and portion size. Then they provide a grocery list all set and ready for you to head to the grocery store. They also provide videos, an optional prep ahead section, and detailed recipes to help make delicious meals for your family. You can taste-test and receive three free meal plans. Go check it out! Learn more about it here.
That's a wrap!
Happy Friday Everyone!
Ok here it goes...
You remember back a few months ago when I said I was going to work on eating healthier, working out and making healthier life choices, and if I made my goal Joey and I would go on a trip to New York? Yea...well that didn't work out. We changed our minds about going to New York, I ate good for a while, worked out for about a week, and well, now I have gained back all of my weight plus some. My anxiety has returned, my clothes don't fit, and I have zero energy.
So here I am back to square one. Here I go again and hopefully I can stick with it a little longer than last time. This go around there is no trip motivating me. What motivates me now is just feeling better and becoming a better me!
Anxiety is something I have always struggled with even when I was a little girl. So now with a family, bills, and being over weight it's even worse. It comes and it goes. I usually notice a jump in it during summer time once things have slowed down, and when I am away from home. When I make healthier choices I notice a HUGE difference in my anxiety. It's almost nonexistent. This is what motivates me now. The thought of just feeling better!
My goal this time is to still lose 10 pounds, stick with it, work out, and work on the 80/20. At least that's what I think they call it. Eat right and make healthy choices 80% of the time and treat yourself 20% of the time. Although 20% sounds like a lot, which is exciting to me but I could have it all wrong. Either way it's time (once again) to make a change and here I go!
Do you have something to confess this week?