Joey and I have started to eat more lean proteins like fish, shrimp, and chicken. I love fish (my husband…not so much) and I also love Chipotle bowls. So I thought why not make a healthier version of a Chipotle bowl and add fish to it. Surprisingly we both loved this meal and needless to say there were no leftovers. It was delicious and has my husband would say, it’s a keeper!
If you aren’t into fish, especially the kind that has the really fishy taste then I recommend trying sway. It is a very very mild fish and almost taste like chicken. We found frozen sway filets at Publix and actually used those instead of the cod or tilapia.
You can also fill your bowl with whatever filling you'd like. Peppers, onions, guacamole or some salsa would add a nice touch to the bowl.
Fish Taco Bowl
• 2 teaspoons chili powder
• 2 teaspoons cumin
• Dash of cayenne pepper
• Pinch of garlic powder
• 3-4 cod fillets (or other white fish such as tilapia)
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 cup frozen corn, thawed, or fresh corn cut off the cob
• 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
• 2 cups cooked brown rice
• Avocado, cilantro, and lime juice for garnish (optional)