Happy first Friday of 2017! If you're just reading for the first time my Five on Fridays consist of my five favorite things for the week. They include recipes, product reviews, family adventures, my new favorite finds and more. It's pretty much a little bit of this and a little bit of that! So let's get started.
1. Happy Birthday to ME! : Last week I celebrated my 31st birthday. My day started at the dentist for a cleaning (never a good idea on your birthday). Then I had lunch with my mom, did a little shopping, ate dinner at Cracker Barrell with Joey and Ava and then finished the day with a birthday cupcake and some ice cream! It was such a wonderful day! Year 30 was awesome and I can't wait to see what 31 brings.
2. Great Make-up Find: So contouring has become a popular thing lately. After turning 31 last week this woman NEEDS some contouring! I recently discovered this contour pallet by Maybelline from my friend over at Pursuing Pretty and I love it! It was a great price and perfect for a beginner like me.
3. Hello Fresh: We recently received a box of Hello Fresh and I love it! I love how they use fresh ingredients and they always challenge me to make a recipe I wouldn't normally try. Last night we made turkey cranberry burgers and they are SO good! Want to try Hello Fresh? Use the code AAPRONS35 to receive $35 off your first box! Treat yourself this new year! I promise you won't be disappointed.
4. Detox Smoothie: After all the holiday eating and snacking I decided I need to have a little detox for my body. This is the FIRST green detox smoothie that I have tried and LOVED. I think what really makes this smoothie is the pineapple (which is so good for you) and the cilantro. The cilantro is probably my favorite!
To make throw pineapple, spinach, cilantro, few apple slices, strawberries, about 1/2 cup of water, and a few ice cubes in a blender. The first time I made it I didn't add any strawberries and it was still really good!
5. Giant Wreath DIY: This week during my winter break I made this giant wreath. It has become my favorite home decor! I love it. It is super simple to make and inexpensive. I also made my first DIY video to show you all just how easy it is to make this! Check it out below. You can find the full blog post here.
Happy Friday Everyone!
Check back next week for more of my Five on Friday favorites! Have any smoothie recipes for me to try? I am always looking for more yummy recipes!