I received products for this, “Day in The Life,” post compliments of DockaTot, Binxy Baby, The Ollie World and Nanobebe. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.
It’s been a little bit over a month since Zoey was born and I think I have some sort of a routine/schedule figured out to help all of us survive the day! Here’s a look into our day…
5:00 am – Ava wakes up and greets me at my bedside, I grab Zoey from the pack-n-play in our room and we head into the living room. I get Ava dressed for school, then get her something to eat for breakfast, it’s usually something quick and easy, and then let her play on her tablet. If Zoey is awake and hungry I will feed her. If not, then I let her sleep.
5:30- 6:15am – I spend this time packing Ava’s lunch and making sure she has everything she needs for school. Usually, I cook bacon and eggs or sausage for breakfast for Joey and I. Lately, I’ve been slacking. Oh, and somewhere in there I make a cup of decaf coffee, only to get a few hot sips of it and then reheat it two more times later on.
6:15-6:30am – Joey and Ava are headed out the door for work and daycare.
6:30- 7:00am – I use this time to power clean the house, do some blogging, or check emails, etc. I really want to get to a point where this time is spent with God and doing some sort of devotional. Still working on that.
7:00-7:30am – If Zoey, hasn’t eaten yet I unswaddle her and give her her first feeding for the day.
7:30am – 8:00am – I bring Zoey into the bathroom with me and lay her on her DockAtot on the floor so I can shower, get dressed and ready for the day.
8:00am – 9:00 am – I use this time to either clean the house some more, watch a show on Netflix or Hulu, blog, or bake something.
9:00am – 10:00am – Feed Zoey, play with her for about 10-30 minutes and put her down for a nap or get her dressed and ready to run errands with me and she will nap on the go.
10:00 am – 12:00pm Run daily errands or use this time to relax, snuggle with Zoey while she naps, complete a house project, blog, clean, bake, etc. When I’m out and about running errands I love to use the shopping cart hammock. This makes things much easier and allows Zoey to relax comfortably. I also make sure to bring along our portable sound machine.
12:00 – 1:00pm – Feed Zoey (I usually give her a bottle during this feeding), play with her for about 10-30 minutes and put her down for a nap.
1:00pm – 3:00pm I eat lunch, relax a little, maybe do some laundry, prep dinner, continue working on a house project, things like that. That’s hoping Zoey naps for two hours, which doesn’t always happen.
3:00pm- 4:00pm Feed Zoey, play with her for about 10-30 minutes and put her down for a nap.
4:00pm – 7:00 pm Joey and Ava arrive home for the day. We play outside and sometimes bring Zoey outside on the Dockatot, cook and eat dinner, play some more, sometimes we bake cookies, relax and decompress from the day, feed Zoey her supper feeding usually with a bottle, get baths done and the children ready for bed.
7:00-7:30 pm Usually, one of us is rocking Zoey and one is putting Ava to bed.
7:30-8:30 pm Mommy and Daddy Time. We’re either visiting with each other, watching TV, relaxing, or taking care of Zoey.
8:30-9:00pm Feed Zoey, swaddle her and lay her down for the night.
9:00-9:30pm Joey and I get ready for bed.
- Right now Zoey is about 6 weeks old so this is a typical day at home. Some days we make plans to go visit friends and obviously those would look a little different and as she gets older things will look a little different too.
- Days don’t always go according to plan. Every once in a while I do have a binge on Netflix or Hulu all day until my husband and daughter get home. Although, those days always make me feel yucky at the end.
- Joey and I go to bed pretty early considered to others. Usually by 9:00 pm we are in bed and starting to snore away. Unless, Zoey doesn’t want to go to sleep yet which has been the case lately.
Getting Through the Day Must Haves...
- DockaTot– we LOVE this thing and use it so much throughout our day. I always get asked if it’s worth the money and my answer is YES!
- Ways we use it...
- On the couch next to me while blogging or just relaxing.
- During nap time in her pack-n-play.
- For tummy time or play time and attach the toy arch.
- Outside on our outdoor chairs.
- Co-sleeping during naps in our bed. (We don’t co-sleep during the night time, it’s just not our preference, and I don’t let her sleep in it in the pack-n-play if we’re not awake and alert.)
- We also take it to the grandparents houses.
- Ways we use it...
- Binxy Baby Shopping Cart Hammock– this helps us from having to bring in the car seat into the store. It also allows for more room in the shopping cart for groceries and easier to bring along our toddler and the baby. I love the safety features on it to make sure the hammock stays secure on the shopping cart, and the quality of the fabric is strong and sturdy.
- The Ollie World Swaddle- I mean it when I say this is the BEST swaddle ever! It is the ONLY ONE we use.
- Why I love it so much…
- It’s SO EASY TO USE! Literally genius idea.
- It’s breathable and keeps baby cool. I always worried about this with other swaddles.
- Keeps Zoey tight and secure and the only swaddle she can’t break out of.
- Their story and purpose behind the swaddle is definitely something to read about.
- Why I love it so much…
- Portable Sound Machine– We love this sound machine. We use it in the pack-n-play at night and attach it to the car seat when on the go. I always use the white noise setting.
- Nanobebe Bottles- These bottles are wonderful for breastmilk. Their warming system and bottles allows breastmilk to be spread thin across the surface area and thereby warming quickly and evenly. Now you can warm the bottle at safe temperatures and feed baby promptly without destroying your precious breastmilk nutrients by overheating.