On April 17th ( I know it’s May already) Ava turned 8 months old. Maybe this month I will be on time with her 9 month highlights. That’s a big MAYBE. Time has been going by so fast these past few months. Everyday it feels like Ava has learned something new. She keeps us smiling and makes our hearts so very happy!
8 Month Highlights
- We think she’s still around 13 pounds or more.
- 3-6 month clothing…getting into some 6-9 month clothing
- Size 1 diapers
- Drinks a bottle three times a day and eating baby food purees for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Baby Food Purees: this month we have tried tropical fruit blends, broccoli, and spinach. She has loved them all
- We have tried 90 million types of sippy cups (at least it feels like that many) and finally found one she likes. She can hold it by herself if she is laying down.
- Starting to hold her bottle on her own.
- Sits up on her own
- Likes to be on her belly more but still no interest in crawling!
- Moving around in the walker more (intentionally moving her legs)
- Babbling saying “momma mama” and “dadadada dada” (we would like to think she is saying Momma and Dada for Mom and Dad but we think she is just babbling.
- She likes to sleep on her side
- Can grab her pacifier and put in back in her mouth by herself
- Grabbing tons of things and moving them from one hand to the other
- She loves seeing our fur baby Georgia. She gets super excited when she sees her and makes a panting noise. We think Georgia taught her that.
- Loves to share her pacifier and toys with Georgia.
- Smiles all the time and is such a happy baby!