So I know I am several days late on posting this AGAIN. One of these days I will get better at this. Hopefully by her first birthday! On May 17th Ava turned 9 months old. That’s just craziness! Time is flying by so fast. Here are some of her highlights and favorite things from this month.
- Weight: We are guessing she is around 13 pounds still getting close to 14
- Size 2 Diapers
- Drinks 4 to 6 ounces bottles 3 to 4 times a day.
- Still NO teeth.
- Baby Food: We have slowly been transitioning her into solids. So far she is able to eat bananas, avocados, sweet potatoes, potatoes, and banana or sweet potato pancakes (those are her favorite).
- Baby Snacks: Puffs, Yogurt Melts, Rice Rusks
- Holds her bottle on her own
- Can stand up by herself for a short time while holding on to something stable like her crib rails or the side of the couch
- Gives high fives. This is her new favorite thing and does it all the time!
- Will randomly put her hand in a fist and throw it in the air like a super hero. We laugh every time.
- Her personality is starting to come out. She can be a sassy little thing and definitely lets us know when she doesn’t like something buy pushing our hands away.
- Another thing she likes to do is making this silly sound with her lips. It’s almost like she is motor boating.
- She is a very happy baby and smiles all the time!
- She enjoys tummy time and sleeps on her belly.
- Still not crawling but she will roll to where she wants to go or scoots backwards on her belly.
- She hates getting her diaper changed and has to have a sensory item to distract her while you change her diaper.
- She loves to jump in her jumper and is always kicking her legs.