It’s been a while since I’ve given an update on Ava so I thought I would let you know how life has been with our little 2 year old toddler running around.
Our current situation…
- Being outside
- Milkshake and Fries
- Daniel the Tiger or the movie Cars
- Reading books
- Going to the store with her Daddy
- This little stuffed dog she has that barks and snores.
- Her dockatot
- Pretending to talk on the phone.
- Dancing and tumbling
- The song, Monkey’s Jumping on the Bed
- Saying, “That’s mine” or “My Mommy, my Daddy.”
- Rubbing mommy’s feet with lotion (the best).
- Sleeping on the floor with her Dockatot.
- Taking a bath.
- Washing her hair, or having it brushed, or put up in a pony tail.
- Having her hair combed
- All vegetables except broccoli
- Sleeping in her bed, but she will sleep in her room.
Things she can do or milestones we’ve reached…
- Swing by herself on the swing.
- She is fully potty trained.
- Can count to 10.
- Knows her colors.
- Can open and LOCK all doors in the house. Hoping the day she locks us out of the house never happens!
- In the phase of playing pretend with her stuffed animals and loves repeating things Joey and I do. For example, the other day she got a tissue, put it to my nose and told me to blow. Then she said, “Harder, harder, good!” Haha, just like we do when we have her blow her own nose.
- She’s very good at picking up her toys and cleaning up spills she makes on the floor.
Current struggles we’re having with her...
- Ava doesn’t want to sleep in her toddler bed and wants one of us to lay on the floor next to her until she falls asleep. For the most part she lays on her Dockatot, and puts herself to sleep but it just takes a while. Some nights, anywhere from 30 mins to an hour. We did try setting a timer for a certain amount of time, and then leaving once the timer went off, and tried the cry out method with it but it just didn’t work for us. Right now, with the new baby on the way and everything going on, we want to spend this time with her. I say it’s a struggle and it is because we lose some of our “me time” or “down time” but I also remind myself that this is a phase and eventually she will grow up and not want us anymore (sad moment).
- She’s in the, “Mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy,” or “Daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy,” phase.
- Ava says, “That’s mine,” or “My mommy, my daddy,” a lot when playing with friends but I’ve noticed that her friends do too. Maybe it’s just this age?
- She was struggling really bad with constipation. The girl would go like once a week. It was awful! Her pediatrician told us to give her Miralax everyday but after a while we just felt bad giving it to her so often. Thankfully, my husband found some probiotic gummy vitamins for her that have helped TREMENDOUSLY! I also give her probiotic yogurt. Now, she’s been going a couple times a week.
- She’s still a picky eater. I wish I could say she eats what we eat, but that’s not the case.
- Lately, she struggles when Joey and I leave her with a babysitter. The only people who we have had babysit her is our family, but even with them she cries when we leave. Usually, some fruit snacks calm her down and get her mind onto other things.
- She seems excited to be getting a baby sister (thanks to Daniel the Tiger), but she’s NOT excited about Mommy and Daddy holding her baby sister. That’s something she will just have to get use to. I expect her to cry at the hospital and struggle with having a new baby in the home for a little while at first, but then I think she will get comfortable with it (hopefully).
- She HATES going potty in public bathrooms, especially Walmart (don’t blame her). She goes in the stalls and then says, “Ewww!! Yucky!! No potty!”
What you might find in Ava’s lunchbox these days…
- PLAIN yogurt (she’s not a fan of flavored, sugary yogurt)
- Fruit (peaches and strawberries are her favorite)
- Ham roll ups
- Mac and Cheese
- Eggs (cooked any way)
- Toast (cinnamon sugar)
- Vegetable Puree Pouches (how we sneak veggies in her diet)
Ok, now tell me your toddler updates, tips or tricks! How’s your toddler doing? Do you have any lunch suggestions?