BIG, bakery style cookies? YES, PLEASE! These cookies are DELICIOUS! There’s a little ingredient in them that sets them apart from others and makes them the perfect chocolate chip peanut butter cookie.
These cookies have peanut butter and a hint of cinnamon that makes them absolutely delicious. The cinnamon sounded strange to me at first, but its the perfect amount to set these cookies apart from others. They’re seriously so good!
How to Get Bakery Style Cookies…
- One of the most important things is to chill the dough if it’s required. This recipe actually doesn’t require for the dough to be chilled, but if the recipe says chill the dough then definitely chill the dough or it will spread everywhere.
- The second thing is large cookie scoops. When I want that bakery style cookie I use my 1/3 solid measuring cup to scoop out the dough. It seems like a lot of cookie dough and it is but it’s key to getting those big bakery style cookies you’re looking for.
- The last thing is to top the cookie dough scoops with extra chocolate chips before they go in the oven. This just makes them pretty and who doesn’t love extra chocolate chips?
Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup softened butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-12oz. package mini chocolate chips or chocolate chips of your choice.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl with a mixer beat peanut butter, butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add in eggs and vanilla, mix on medium until well blended.
- Add in flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and mix on medium-low until combined then on medium until completely mixed.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips. Optional: Set a couple handfuls aside to top cookies before they go in the oven.
- Using a 1/3 cup solid measuring cup scoop the dough and place cookies 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Add a few chocolate chips to each cookie before putting them in the oven.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, the edges of the cookies will be slightly firm, allow cookies to cool on baking sheets completely.
So a little side note. The first time I baked these cookies the pan slipped out of my hand when taking them out of the oven and all of the cookies fell in the bottom of my oven. I was so sad. I think I almost cried. I still save them and ate them. Haha…they were AMAZING!