This is brown sugared bbq meatloaf is my favorite meatloaf of all time and a super easy dinner meal that’s great to freeze for later.
I’ve shared this recipe how I make it and have also included optional add ins for those you like a little more flavors in their meatloaf.
This recipe does have a little twist on the traditional meatloaf and uses brown sugar and BBQ sauce. It’s also a great recipe to make and freeze for later.
When I make this recipe I never put it in a loaf pan. A friend of mine told me to always put meatloaf in a pan where it’s not touching the sides. This helps limit the grease and soggy-ness of the loaf.
This is one of our favorite dinner recipes and my most favorite meatloaf! It’s definitely worth trying.
Brown Sugared BBQ Meatloaf
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 individual Egg
- 1 individual Egg White
- 1/4 cups Bread Crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Ketchup
- 1/2 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoons Salt
- ½ teaspoons Black Pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mince Garlic, Cloves
Optional Add Ins:
- 3/4 cup dice Onion
- 1/4 cup dice Bell Pepper, Green
- 1/4 cup dice Bell Pepper, Red
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Barbecue Sauce
- ¼ cups Ketchup
- For the meatloaf, in a large mixing bowl, gently combine ground beef, egg, egg whites, bread crumbs, ketchup, brown sugar, salt, pepper, soy sauce, garlic and optional add-ins if preferred including the onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, with your hands or a large heavy spoon.
- Form into loaf
- For the glaze, in small mixing bowl, mix soy sauce, brown sugar, bbq sauce, and ketchup.
- Bake at 350F for 40 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
- Remove meatloaf, increase temperature to 400F.
- Brush glaze on top and sides of meatloaf.
- Cook for 10 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes.