These cookies have a nutty, sweet, yet salty goodness to them. I would say they taste like the Little Sandies cookies but they are better than those. With just a few ingredients these cookies are easy and quick to put together.
This recipe only makes about 12 cookies so if you are making them for a large crowd you will want to make two batches. If you are making them just for you I recommend just making one batch that way you only eat 12 cookies, because trust me, you will want to eat them all!
- 3/4 cup pecans finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter at room temperature ( you can use salted or unsalted, I always use salted)
- 1/3 cup sugar (plus more for coating)
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, toast pecans about 5 minutes, or until fragrant. Let cool.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and ⅓ cup sugar until light, about 1 minute.
- Beat in salt, vanilla, and flour, scraping down sides of bowl, just until dough comes together. Fold in pecans.
- Scoop and roll balls of dough, about 1 Tablespoon of dough each, into balls.
- Roll each ball into sugar. Place 3 inches apart, on an ungreased baking sheet. Gently flatten with the bottom of a glass.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake until golden brown about 13 to 15 minutes.
- Optional: Sprinkle the top of each cookie with a tiny bit of salt and pat cookie. (I like my cookies to have a little bit of sweet and salty taste).
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Makes about 12 cookies.