Happy Sunday friends! Today I wanted to start a new series called Coffee Chat! There is nothing better than catching up with a friend over coffee. I’ve made some of my best friends by deciding to grab a coffee together. I’ve also had some of my toughest conversations over coffee.
I decided to bring “Coffee Chat” to Sweet Life of Anna as a way to simply chat with my readers! While I wish I could meet and catch up with you all over coffee this is the next best thing!
Feel free to join in on the chat in the comments below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org . I would LOVE to hear from you.
Ok, here we go…
If we were to chat over a cup of coffee I would tell you…
- WORK: Life at my new job is going great. I feel like I found my love for teaching again. After I had our first daughter Ava, I made the best decision as a working mom. I decided that I would keep work at work. I decided no more long nights lesson planning or grading papers. I still stick to that, but this week I had some guilt about doing it. Basically, I was comparing myself to other teachers who stay late every day and go in early. I started to wonder if that made them a better teacher than me. Then my best friend brought me back to reality and reminded me how comparison is a thief of joy, and I remembered what our Pastor said about comparison eating us from the inside out. So needless to say, I still leave work at work. Technically, some days I do work at home but it looks more like researching the web on my phone for teaching strategies and ideas
- TODDLER: Ava’s new thing is wedgies. EVERY TIME we put her in her car seat she starts complaining she has a wedgie and insists we unbuckle her so she can fix it. How did she learn about wedgies? Well, that would be my fault. I had no idea it would come to this. There are even times when driving in the car she will start screaming, “WEDGIE! WEDGIE! WEDGIE!” I tried to explain to her that you have to just deal with it and learn to live with a wedgie, but that doesn’t work. I’ve also tried giving her my phone to watch Daniel the Tiger, or emptying my purse of all the snacks to try and distract her. Nothing works. We’re going to adjust her car seat and see if that helps. I sure hope it does, because, Lord have mercy, this is annoying and a pain in my rear! Please tell me someone else has experienced this.
- WEIGHT LOSS: I’m still doing Weight Watchers and I’ve lost 12 pounds. It’s a slow process and I’ve hit a plateau, but last night I did dream that I got on the scale and it said 135lbs! That’s what I weighed when I got married. Right now, I’m at 157lbs. The scale said 155lbs on Friday and I got so excited that I hate a whole thing of party cake flavored Peeps. Dang you Peeps! I was also stressful eating after a student asked me if I was pregnant again, and after I said NO, they went on to tell me that I looked pregnant.
- BABY: Zoey is doing really good. This weekend I Googled, “how much dirt can a baby eat before they get sick.” We planted some plants in our yard and she kept eating the dirt and mulch pieces. We kept telling her no, but she kept eating and I wanted to get my flowers planted. It’s hard to contain her outside. I think we need to buy one of those baby walker things.
- HOME DECOR: I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, want to add temporary wallpaper to a wall in our home during my spring break, but I’m still working on convincing my husband. I told him I would do it all by myself while the girls are at daycare and he’s at work. I know it will be so hard, but I feel like it will be worth it. We put wallpaper up in Zoey’s nursery and it brings me so much joy! I LOVE it, even if it did test our marriage. Haha! Have you had one of those types of home projects?
- SPRING: Last night, I literally prayed for my hydrangea bush. I’m trying to grow some in our yard and I really want them to be successful. Do you have any tips? My husband wanted to dig up the large hydrangea bush at the house we rented before we bought our home, but I said no. I was afraid we would get in trouble. I totally wish I would have said yes! That thing, was a very mature bush!
- AVA DEALING WITH GRIEF: Ava has had a hard time the past few weeks about Pop being up in heaven. She doesn’t really understand why he’s not coming back. One morning she said, “Pop is not my best friend anymore.” Which in three year old language means I’m mad. It took everything in my power not to break down in tears. I know it’s innocent and she truly loves her Pop, she’s just confused and doesn’t understand. So this weekend I explained to her a little more about how Pop is in heaven, etc. and read her the book, “Sun kisses and Moon Hugs.” She LOVED it and it really helped her understand how even though Pop isn’t here physically with us, there are still ways we can send him our love and ways he sends us his love. After we read the book we went outside and sent BIIIGGG kisses into the sky so the sun could capture them and send them to Pop. Tonight, we’re going to look up at the moon and give Pop moon hugs.
Well that’s it for this coffee chat. Thank you for reading along…I hope you join me for the next one. I think I’m going to try and do these once a month. If there is something you would love for me to include in these coffee chats please let me know in the comments below.
Have a great week friends!