I had been contemplateing about what to hang above our T.V. or if I really even needed to hang anything above it. I discovered this DIY over at Homemade Ginger while scrolling through Pinterest one day and fell in love.
I decided to make a version of it for our living room. When I came home from the store with all of my materials and told my husband I was going to hang this hula hoop craft in the living room he was not a fan. He said something along the lines of, “You’re not hanging a hula hoop in our living room.” Well of course not dear! I am hanging a pretty DIY Giant Wreath in our living room. Needless to say when he saw the finished product he became such a fan. Then when I told him it was super light, easy to hang, and would only need a little nail with a little hole in the wall he became even more of a fan! With coupons and all it cost me around $25.00! Not bad huh?
So here is how you make this rustic DIY giant wreath…
How to Make?
Check out my tutorial to see how easy this DIY is.
- Hula Hoop
- Gold Spray Paint
- Letters or Mongoram of your choice
- Spray hula hoop with gold spray paint.
- Tie twine to hula hoop (I tried to wrap it but it wouldn’t stay in place for me so I just tied each piece of twine on both ends of the hula hoop).
- Tie floral piece around the hula hoop with the same twine. This helps it blend in.
- Optional: Add letters or monogram to the wreath. I hung my monogram by tying it to the top and bottom of the hula hoop so it would stay in place. I used the same twine for the whole project.