These healthy bbq turkey meatloaf cups are so good! I know the cauliflower mash sounds a little weird. At least it did to me but I am here to tell you it’s true what people say. It is SO good!
The ground turkey and cauliflower mash make this meal a healthier option to the traditional ground beef meatloaf and mashed potatoes. I highly recommend giving it a try. It just might surprise you!
BBQ Turkey Meatloaf Cups with Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup of BBQ sauce (divided)
Mashed Cauliflower Ingredients:
- 4 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease a muffin pan.
- To make the meatloaf, heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, carrot and garlic and cook until soft.
- In a medium bowl, mix the sauteed vegetables, ground turkey, egg, dijon mustard, Worcestershire, thyme, paprika, salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin pan to make 12 individual meatloaf cups. Top each with a spoonful of the remaining BBQ sauce.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Steam the cauliflower until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain cauliflower and add to a food processor along with the butter, salt, onion powder and garlic powder. Process until smooth.
- Top each meatloaf cup with the mashed cauliflower.