This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TrustinGentle #ChooseGentle #CollectiveBias #BedtimeRoutine
Zoey is almost 4 months old and does well at putting herself to sleep and sleeping through the night. This has been something that both of our daughters have done well with as babies (knock on wood), and I think it has to do with our baby bedtime routine and a few other tips and tricks we’ve learned along the way.
Our Nightly Baby Bedtime Routine
- Warm Bath: Zoey gets a warm bath three times a week using New JOHNSON’S® COTTONTOUCH™ Newborn Wash & Shampoo
- Baby Massage: Every night (even on the nights she doesn’t get a bath) we give Zoey a little baby massage using New JOHNSON’S® COTTONTOUCH™ Newborn Face and Body Lotion.
- Tender Time: After Zoey gets her bath, massage, is diapered and clothed, we have “tender time”. During this time we dim the lights, read a book, play soft music, sing to her. This is my favorite time of the day. It’s a time where all distractions are absent and the world slows down a bit.
- Feed: We try to make this feeding a really good feed and I usually feed her in her room or our room (where she’s currently sleeping in the pack-n-play) so the stimulation is low.
- Swaddle or Sleep Sack: Zoey is 3 months old so we no longer swaddle her. Instead we use a sleep sack with both arms out to help keep her warm at night.
- White Noise and Dark Room: Turn on the white noise machine to loud. This helps to soothe her and helps drown out other noises in the house that might wake her. We also, make sure the room is dark.
- Rock Baby: I rock Zoey for a few minutes but always make sure to put her in the crib slightly but pleasantly awake. This is key. I try not to rock her where she is completely asleep.
After she is placed in her crib I allow her to settle herself down if needed. Some nights she will be a little restless or extra chatty. On those nights I will rub, shush, jiggle and use the pacifier if needed every 5-7 minutes until she falls asleep. I really try to not pick her up from the crib or pack-n-play unless she is screaming and I usually give her 3-5 minutes of strong crying before picking her up. Of course, I recommend doing what best fits your comfort level and then increasing that time each night within your comfort zone. If she’s just restless and rumbling but not in a deep cry then I soothe her in the crib. This helps her learn how to get herself to sleep.
When we first started this journey I would soothe her in the crib every 3-5 minutes and then gradually increased the time based on my comfort level. So do what works best for you! I’m at a point where I’m comfortable letting her settle herself down and crying it out.
Why Walgreens and JOHNSON’S® Is Family Trusted
When Zoey was just a few weeks old we discovered she has super sensitive skin which put a damper on our bed time routine. We couldn’t bathe her as much and definitely couldn’t give her a baby massage every night. One night, Zoey was super fussy and I knew I had to find a way to get back into our nightly bedtime routine which included her baby massage. I headed to our local Walgreens, which thankfully is open 24 hours and always a store we can count on to have just what we need. When I walked in the sales clerk politely asked if there was anything she could help me find. This was music to my ears as I was in a hurry to return home to my family and get the girls to bed. I explained to her what I was looking for and she directed me right to what I needed.
That night I was so happy to discover that JOHNSON’S® a brand I’ve trusted since I was a little girl and now as a mom of two is now more gentle than ever. Their new reformulated products are..
- 100% gentle, and free of parabens, and phthalates.
- Dye free, sulfate free, worry free
- 50% fewer ingredients
- Over 90% naturally derived ingredients.
This meant I could use these products on Zoey’s sensitive skin and we could get back to our regular baby bedtime routine. While JOHNSON’S® has been around for a 100 years their Baby products are relevant to the “millennial” mom and have continued to change and evolve to ensure as mom and baby’s needs change, JOHNSON’S® Baby is evolving right along with them to maintain the safest ingredients, while also staying true to the brand people have come to trust. I can’t tell you how happy this makes me.
My favorite product I found that night at Walgreens was New JOHNSON’S® COTTONTOUCH™ Newborn Face and Body Lotion. This lotion is the BEST! It quickly absorbs and leaves no residue. It makes giving Zoey a baby massage quick and easy. Ava, our toddler even loves it too.
I’m so thankful that Walgreen’s is open 24 hours and cares about my family and our family’s needs. Now, we are back into our nightly baby bedtime routine and every one is happy. Happy baby equals happy momma! Happy momma equals happy family.
Want to add JOHNSON’S® reformulated products and New JOHNSON’S® COTTONTOUCH™ line to your baby bedtime routine? Right now through August 29th Walgreens is offering buy 1 get 1 50% off with your balance rewards card. You can find the offer here.