One of my favorite things about fall is football and game day snacks. For this game day I decided to switch it up a bit from our usual game day appetizers and try a few new recipes. This Mexican Buffalo Chicken dip is one we quickly fell in love with!
A typical Saturday game day at our house starts off with us watching College Game Day on ESPN first thing in the morning. Then we get ready and head out to do our grocery shopping for the week. This weekend we headed to Walmart to get in the game day spirit.
At Walmart we discovered Old El Paso’s mini flour tortilla boats. These are perfect for cute little bite sized game day treats. These were quickly a must have!
After we got what we needed we headed home. We had lunch, Ava went down for a nap, daddy cut the yard, and I had time in the kitchen to get our game day snack prepared before kick off.
This week I decided to take the traditional Buffalo Chicken Dip and add a Mexican twist to it.
The Mexican Buffalo Chicken Dip turned out to be so delicious that our snack turned into a meal!
I first served the dish as a dip with tortilla chips for dipping.
Then we decided to use the mini tortilla boats to make little Mexican buffalo chicken dip boats. We put a spoonful of the dip in each tortilla boat, then topped it with lettuce, sour cream, and shredded cheddar cheese. They were so delicious! Needless to say our bellies were full, and we were ready for game day, and a good nap in between.
This Mexican Buffalo Chicken dip has definitely become one of our game day favorites!
Mexican Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 can of Old El Paso refried beans
- 2 tbsp of Old El Paso taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup of ranch or blue cheese dressing
- 1/2 cup of hot sauce or buffalo sauce
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of celery
- 2 cups of cooked chicken
- 1 cup of shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the refried beans and taco seasoning until well blended.
- Spread the beans into an 8×8 baking dish.
- In a medium sized stove pot, cook the cream cheese, dressing, and hot sauce on low heat stirring often until melted and well blended. Then mix in the celery and chicken until fully covered.
- Layer the buffalo chicken mixture on top of the refried beans.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes.
- Top with your favorite garnishes.
This dip is great with tortilla chips or Old El Paso’s mini tortilla boats.