Sometimes I like to keep things simple in my kitchen, especially during the holidays! Today, I’m sharing one of my easiest cookie recipes, gingerbread cookie bark.
Then melt the vanilla chocolate bark according to the package and spread it over the bark. You can also use regular vanilla frosting too. Sometimes I just buy the vanilla cream cheese frosting from the store to make things even easier!
Not bad huh? This bark is so delicious people will think you worked in the kitchen for hours.
What’s one of your favorite holiday cookie recipes?
Gingerbread Cookie Bark
- 1 Betty Crocker Gingerbread Cookie Mix + the butter, water, and egg called for on the package
- 1 container of store bought vanilla frosting, or homemade frosting of your choice let cookies sit out until frosting dries
- Sprinkles and candy for decorating
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the cookie mix, butter, water, and egg to form a soft cookie dough. (Or use electric mixer to mix the ingredients just until combined. Don’t over mix)
- Press the dough onto the prepared baking sheet and flatten with your hands or a spatula. Use a rolling pin to gently roll the dough to approximately 1/2″ thickness (should be a little shorter than a 9×13 baking sheet).
Bake for 10 minutes, until edges are set. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Spread frosting over the baked gingerbread cookie bark.
- Decorate with sprinkles and candies of your choice.
- Once the frosting has hardened, break cookie into medium sized pieces.
- Package cookie bark or serve and enjoy!