I’ve been trying to remember what I packed in my hospital bag for my first pregnancy, and think of things that I didn’t really use and things I wish I HAD packed. This is what I have so far.
Now, I will say that it seems like a lot but I like to be prepared for every situation just incase. Well, as prepared as I can be.
- Pretty, Comfy Robe – I didn’t pack one of these last time and wish I had. I have this one in pink and it’s SO SOFT!
- Nursing bra – I LOVE this one.
- Nursing tops and dresses- I just find these super easy to breast feed in. I also love packing cardigans to wear with my breast feeding tanks. I packed this dress and this top from Shop Pinkblush. Both are SO super soft and comfy.
- Towel- I didn’t pack one the first time, but my sister in-law recommended I bring one. She reminded me how small the hospital towels are, which isn’t ideal for a postpartum body. I ended up finding a LARGE white towel from TJ Maxx for $7. I went with white so I could bleach it afterwards.
- Slippers with hard bottoms- I also didn’t pack these my first pregnancy. A friend recommended them, and said it’s super easy to disinfect the bottoms of them, and nice to have to walk around in the room with. She used them to walk to the NICU to see her baby. (Side note: After shopping for some slippers I decided to stick with flip flops. My feet sweat like crazy and I never wear slippers at home so I’m just going to go with sandals, ones that I don’t mind if they get left at the hospital.)
- Going home outfit for me – I know it sounds crazy to plan this, but this is actually something I have thought about for a while. Haha…don’t know why really. I chose to pack this dress. It’s colorful, comfy, loose fitting, buttons down (great for breastfeeding).
- Flip flops for the shower – I recommend a cheap pair that you don’t care if you leave them behind. I picked up these for our stay.
- Comfy loose fitting clothes – I’ve packed a variety just incase I have to have an emergency c-section. Plus I like options.
- Loose Baggy Dresses
- Comfy cardigans – I love wearing these with my breastfeeding tank tops.
- Lounge shorts/pants
- Maternity leggings (These aren’t loose fitting but so comfy and hold things in)
- Readers have recommended comfy fuzzy socks, but I’m not a sock person. Plus if I need some I like to wear the ones the hospital provides with the grips on the bottom.
- Basic Toiletries
- Definitely packing make-up wipes and some mouth wash. They just help keep me refreshed when I can’t get out of bed to wash my face or brush my teeth. This happened my first pregnancy.
- Hair products: Dry shampoo, Kenra Volume Spray (Not sure I will use these but it’s nice to have just incase to help me feel good. They can easily help me feel put together and refreshed without having to wash my hair.)
- Snacks – for late night munchies (totally dropped the ball on this last time)
- Postpartum Care Supplies– My hospital provides everything you need for postpartum care such as, Tucks pads, Dermoplast spray, mesh underwear, etc. So I won’t be packing any of that.
- Breast cream
- Camera plus battery charger for camera
- Phones and extra long charger
- Boppy Pillow – I actually didn’t use this a lot while I was in the hospital but my husband did. He loved to use it when holding Ava.
So I know this sounds like a lot of stuff and it is, but with my first pregnancy I was in the hospital for 4 days before I actually delivered. I’ve learned it’s best to be prepared.
Tell me, is there something I’m forgetting? Should I add something? I think I might have some room..haha!