This summer we stayed two nights at the Great Wolf Lodge in LaGrange, GA.. It was one of the stops on our summer road trip, and we had a blast!
What We LOVED About The Great Wolf Lodge
1.) Super family friendly!
There is something for everyone! From a candy store, to an arcade, mini-golf, rock climbing and adventure course, wizard wands, princesses and wizard shop, coloring station, morning yoga for kids, and adult beverages for the parents and more! Note: I believe each Great Wolf Lodge resort a little different, but all have lots to do for the family.
2.) Everything you need is right there on site.
We actually didn’t leave the resort during our stay. We had breakfast lunch and dinner at the resort, and of course they have tons of fun all on site. Each night we took our food back to the room to eat and relax.
3.) A variety of food options and atmospheres.
BREAKFAST: For breakfast they have an all you can eat buffet with LOTS of options, that stays open until 11:00am, and you can come and go as you please. They also offer to-go containers so you can take the food back to your room.
The buffet was kind of pricey. I want to say it was around $17 per adult, but we purchased one adult meal and shared. That’s what the cashier recommended. She was so kind! Children 3 and under are free.
LUNCH/DINNER: Pizza, BBQ, Hamburgers, Salads. There is also a fridge in the rooms. The pizza is comparable to Little Caesar’s and reasonably priced.
ICE CREAM / COFFEE: They have a Dunkin Donuts and Ben and Jerry’s ice cream.
ADULT BEVERAGES: There a couple different bars on site to get adult beverages. They have cocktails and local brews on tap.
What We LOVED About The Great Wolf Lodge WATERPARK.
- Wrist band Safety: When you enter the water park they measure all the children and give them a colored wrist band based on which rides they can go on.
- Fun for ALL ages: They literally have something for everyone at the waterpark. We went with a one year old and a 3 year old and both of them had a blast and so did my husband!
- Tons of Slides for kids: There are soooo many slides for the little ones to go on. Zoey even went down a slide!
- Life vests for all ages and sizes.
- Comfortable: Lots of lounge chairs and tables.
- I love that they had chairs to sit in right next to the slides, the wave pool and little kids area. They even have little splash fountains next to chairs so parents can sit while the little ones play.
Our Family Tips for the Great Wolf Lodge
- I feel like a two or three night stay is perfect for all they have to offer. If you have younger children two nights is probably best.
- Bring drinks and snacks to keep in your room.
- Go to the waterpark early. We got there right when the waterpark opened and it was awesome! No one was there. We went back to the room around lunch time, and then headed back down in the afternoon.
- Buy one adult meal for the breakfast buffet and share it.
- Bring a waterproof case for your phone.
Will We Return to The Great Wolf Lodge?
Yes! Absolutely! The girls had a blast, and Ava is already asking when can we go back. We might try one of their different locations but we will be back! It’s definitely a great pit stop for a family road trip.
Add The Great Wolf Lodge to your family bucket list!
Consider pinning this image for later!