When I think of the holiday season and what it was like growing up I always think of a kitchen filled with endless holiday cookies. It seemed like my parents spent days baking in the kitchen, whipping up some of our family’s favorite recipes, including these white chocolate peanut butter clusters. It was their way of sharing the holiday with our family and friends.
Around Thanksgiving time my mom would head out to Walmart and stock up on the red and green Rubbermaid TakeAlongs. It was an easy and festive way to package special treats for our family and friends without them worrying about having to return the container. I remember being in the kitchen with my family, helping them pack the containers and then delivering them together. It was our way of sharing the holiday and spreading good cheer!
This year I am carrying on this tradition. After Thanksgiving I headed to Walmart to pick up the red and green Rubbermaid TakeAlongs.
I decided to make White Clusters, one of my family’s most favorite sweet treats. This recipe has been in our family for many years. Not only is it super delicious but it is so easy to make! All you need is about 5-10 minutes in the kitchen and you’re done!
To begin, gather your ingredients: crunchy peanut butter, party peanuts (also known as cocktail peanuts), mini marshmallows, rice krispie cereal, and white chocolate morsels.
Then grab your spoon for scooping and lay a piece of wax paper on your counter top or table. You have to move fast once everything is mixed together so you want to have it ready. If you leave the mixture too long in the pot your marshmallows will melt.
In a large pot melt the white chocolate morsels and crunchy peanut butter on LOW HEAT! Stir often until the mixture is completely melted. It will seem like its taking forever for it to melt but I promise it will.
Once the mixture is completely melted remove it from the heat and stir in the rice krispies, peanuts and marshmallows. Stir until well combined.
Spoon out the mixture onto the wax paper into little clusters. Keep clusters on the wax paper until completely cooled. It might take a few hours or so, but that never keeps me from trying one.
Once cooled, package them into your Rubbermaid TakeAlongs! Depending on the size of your clusters they usually make about two dozen. I think Ava ate more than she packaged!
I decided to include a recipe card with the recipe to these delicious White Clusters so our friends can share the same love and cheer with their family and friends!
- 12 oz bag of White Chocolate Morsels
- 3 tbsp of Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup of mini marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cup of Rice Krispie Cereal
- 1 cup of Party Peanuts (Or any nuts of your choice)
- Lay a piece of wax paper and scooping spoons on counter top or table.
- In a large pot on LOW heat melt the white chocolate morsels and crunchy peanut butter until completely melted. Stir often.
- Once chocolate and peanut butter are completely melted remove from stove top and pour in marshmallows, rice krispie cereal, and party peanuts. Gently stir together until well blended.
- Moving quickly, scoop out mixture into clusters on piece of wax paper.
- Let the clusters cool for several hours until dry before moving.