This post is sponsored by Stella Cheese.
The easiest and most delicious recipe for Zuppa Toscana.
Last week Stella Cheeses sent us some of their delicious cheeses. With the cold front we had come in this past weekend I wanted to make a warm and cozy meal for dinner, incorporating these amazing cheeses.
We had a lot going on this weekend so I needed an easy recipe that I could throw in the crockpot that would give us a delicious meal to sit down and enjoy as a family.
I decided to make this super easy Zuppa Toscana Crockpot Recipe with homemade cheese toast. I topped the soup with rich, traditional Shredded Parmesan Cheese from Stella Cheeses and used their Italian 3 Cheese Blend for the cheese toast. It. Was. AMAZING!
Zuppa Toscana is one of my favorite soups and I love it even more now with this easy crockpot recipe. Plus it’s great for leftovers or you can even freeze it.
Zuppa Toscana Crockpot Recipe
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage (regular, mild or hot)
- 1 bag of refrigerated pre- diced potatoes and onions. I found mine by the eggs at my local grocery store (can substitute with 1 diced onion and 4 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed)
- 2 cloves large garlic minced
- 48 oz chicken broth
- 1/2 bunch kale (a couple of handfuls) de-stemmed and torn into bite sized
- 16 oz heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese for topping
- Pinch of red pepper flakes optional
- Crumbled cooked bacon optional
- Heat large pan over medium high heat and brown sausage.
- Add minced garlic and stir to combine.
- Drain off the grease and then add sausage and garlic to the bottom of slow cooker.
- Add bag of diced potatoes and onion, cover with chicken broth and water (if necessary) to completely cover potatoes and sausage.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours. Potatoes should be softened.
- Pour heavy cream into slow cooker, add kale and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes until kale has softened.
- Season with salt and pepper to your liking. Top with shredded parmesan cheese and enjoy!
To make cheese toast…
- Butter one side of your bread.
- Toast bread, butter side down in your oven on high broil.
- Once toasted to your liking flip bread over to butter side up and top with your favorite cheese.
- Put back in the oven to toast a little longer. Make sure to keep an eye on it ( I usually burn mine). Remove from oven when toasted to your liking.
If you have a toaster oven then butter your bread, top with your favorite cheese and toast!