The easiest and most delicious recipe for Zuppa Toscana.
We had a lot going on this weekend so I needed an easy recipe that I could throw in the crockpot that would give us a delicious meal to sit down and enjoy as a family.
I decided to make this super easy Zuppa Toscana Crockpot Recipe with homemade cheese toast.
Zuppa Toscana is one of my favorite soups and I love it even more now with this easy crockpot recipe. Plus it’s great for leftovers or you can even freeze it.
Zuppa Toscana Crockpot Recipe
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage (regular, mild or hot)
- 1 bag of refrigerated pre- diced potatoes and onions. I found mine by the eggs at my local grocery store (can substitute with 1 diced onion and 4 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed)
- 2 cloves large garlic minced
- 48 oz chicken broth
- 1/2 bunch kale (a couple of handfuls) de-stemmed and torn into bite sized
- 16 oz heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese for topping
- Pinch of red pepper flakes optional
- Crumbled cooked bacon optional
- Heat large pan over medium high heat and brown sausage.
- Add minced garlic and stir to combine.
- Drain off the grease and then add sausage and garlic to the bottom of slow cooker.
- Add bag of diced potatoes and onion, cover with chicken broth and water (if necessary) to completely cover potatoes and sausage.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours. Potatoes should be softened.
- Pour heavy cream into slow cooker, add kale and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes until kale has softened.
- Season with salt and pepper to your liking. Top with shredded parmesan cheese and enjoy!